The area surrounding Isha Institute of Inner-sciences includes popular tourist destinations of natural and historical significance. Passing nearby from North to South is the Cumberland Trail, a 300-mile hiking trail running from the Cumberland Gap in southern Kentucky to the Prentice Cooper Wildlife Management Area just outside Chattanooga. McMinnville, Tennessee is the closest town to Isha Institute. The town was founded on the path of an old Native American war trace between southeastern Tennessee and Kentucky and many Native American mounds can be found in the vicinity.
Popular Tourist Destinations Nearby:
20 minutes from Isha Institute of Inner-sciences
- Fall Creek Falls State Park is Tennessee’s largest and most visited state park. The park encompasses more than 26,000 acres sprawled across the eastern top of the rugged Cumberland Plateau. Fall Creek Falls, at 256 feet, is one of the highest waterfalls in the eastern United States. To visit, click here.
- Cumberland Caverns has more than 32 miles of caves and underground passageways, incredible underground rock formations, beautiful underground waterfalls, and gleaming pools. The Caverns offer Daily Walking Tours & Adventure Trips, Overnight Adventure Trips. To visit, click here.
- Downtown McMinnville has been the heartbeat of Yamhill County since before it was incorporated in 1876. The McMinnville of today is rich in history and small town charm, while providing amenities typically only associated with much larger cities. Click here to visit.
- Juicy`s Wellness Cafe – offers smoothie & juice bar along with healthy lunches. 110 E Main St, McMinnville, TN. Phone number(931) 474-5463
45 minutes from Isha Institute of Inner-sciences
- Rock Island State Park is an 883 acre park located on the headwaters of Center Hill Lake at the confluence of the Caney Fork, Collins and Rocky Rivers. Great Falls is a 30 foot horseshoe cascading waterfall, located below the 19th century cotton textile mill that it powered over 100 years ago. To visit, click here.
- Caney Fork Canoe Rental, Silver Point, TN. Enjoy the Caney Fork River by canoe or kayak. Three-hour to all day rentals available. Click here to visit.
- Center Hill Lake is a reservoir in the U.S. state of Tennessee. It is located in Middle Tennessee near Smithville. The lake is 64 miles long, covers an area of 18,220 acres, with approximately 415 mi of shoreline. The lake is well known for water recreation and fishing. There are several resort and recreation areas to visit or plan overnight accommodations.
- Appalachian Art Gallery: The Gallery offers premier, contemporary fine arts and crafts from over 100+ artists ranging from contemporary to traditional. The gallery overlooks Center Hill Lake near Smithville, TN. Click here to visit.
60 minutes from Isha Institute of Inner-sciences:
Chattanooga Destinations: Chattanooga lies at the transition between the ridge-and-valley portion of the Appalachian Mountains and the Cumberland Plateau. The city is therefore surrounded by various mountains and ridges. The official nickname for Chattanooga is the Scenic City, being reinforced by the city’s growing national reputation as a haven for numerous outdoor activities. Chattanooga touts many attractions and new waterfront attractions along and across the Tennessee River.
- Tennessee Aquarium: Enjoy a remarkable journey from the mountains to the sea as you explore above and below the surface in the Aquarium’s two buildings. Click here to visit.
- Rock City: Located atop Lookout Mountain, just 6 miles from downtown Chattanooga, Rock City is a true marvel of nature featuring massive ancient rock formations, gardens with over 400 native plant species, and breathtaking “See 7 States” panoramic views. Click here to visit.
- Chattanooga Choo Choo: Opened in 1909 as Terminal Station, the train depot welcomed thousands of travelers during the golden age of railroads. Today, Terminal Station stands as part of the world famous Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel. Click here to visit.
- Ruby Falls: Ruby Falls is named one of the Ten Most Incredible Cave Waterfalls on Earth. It is America’s deepest commercial cave and largest underground waterfall. The highlight of the tour is the sparkling 145-foot underground waterfall. Click here to visit.