What is Dandruff?
Dandruff is shedding of dead skin cells from the scalp which can occur chronically or as a result of certain triggers. A common scalp disorder, dandruff affects almost half of the population at the post-pubertal age, including those of any gender and ethnicity. Dandruff can be itchy and embarrassing, and though the symptoms can be alleviated with natural treatments and medicated shampoos, there is no true cure.
Internal Triggers for Dandruff
– Excessive consumption of sugar, fat, starch
– Improper nutrition
– Heredity predisposition
– Allergic hypersensitive
– Lack of rest
– Emotional stress
– Hormonal imbalance
– Poor health
External Causes Of Dandruff
– Excessive use of hair products
– Improper use of hair-coloring products or excessive use of hot hair curlers or curling irons
– Cold weather (because you tend to wash hair less) and dry indoor heating
– Stress and anxiety
– Infrequent shampooing of the hair or inadequate rinsing of the scalp and hair
Natural Treatments to Control Dandruff
Controlling your diet to include less saturated and trans fats and eating more fruits and vegetables containing zinc and B vitamins will help control your dandruff symptoms. This natural remedy using coconut oil and lemon juice will also help you find relief from itchy scalp irritation.