Creamy, rich and sweet, bananas are a favorite food enjoyed by everyone, from infants to elders. They are also a good source of both vitamins and minerals, as well as fiber.
Persimmon is a flavorful fruit, a smooth textured delicacy, of East Asian origin. Its sweet, delicious flesh is packed with several health-promoting nutrients, such as vitamins, minerals, and anti-oxidants, which promote good health.
Use the two together and you get not only a wonderful tasty treat, but a nutritious combination as well.
A word of caution: If your persimmons are a deep orange color and give a little when you press your finger against their skin, then they are ripe. If they feel hard or seem almost apple crisp – they will be a bitter disaster!
2 ripe bananas, peeled
1 Hachiya persimmon, peeled
¾ cup brown sugar
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
1 egg or egg substitute
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line 6 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Mash bananas and persimmon together in the bowl of a stand mixer. Add 3/4 cup sugar, coconut oil, egg, and vanilla extract, 1 at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together in a separate bowl. Stir flour mixture into banana mixture, using a spoon, just until batter is combined. Fill each muffin cup 3/4-full with batter.
- Mix 1 tablespoon sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.